Environmentally Friendly Products
Environmentally Friendly Products are championed by Nature Gleam as we believe that your health and your family’s health will be improved by using natural, plant-based products. To further this end, we have investigated and tested a range which is free of petrochemicals, phosphates, nitrates, palm oil and many other nasties present in conventional products.
- Osmo Natural Timber Finishes – good for humans and wood. The Sunflower, Soya, Linseed and Thistle oils, combined with Carnauba and Candelilla waxes – depending on the product – are classified as food safe. They are even rated as safe for use on children’s timber toys.
- Osmo finishes have a much better coverage than conventional finishes. They leave a stunning surface finish after just two coats.
- Osmo finishes are easy to touch up without the need for sanding.
- Our cleaning products are grey water safe and biodegradable. No petrochemicals, nitrates or phosphates.
- Better for the environment. No palm oil and thus no destruction of orang-utan habitat or, clear felling of natural forests for palm oil plantations. Fair-trade and organic where applicable.
- Animal-friendly. Not tested on animals.
- Delicious natural fragrances OR fragrance-free.
- Good for your skin. Won’t make the skin on your hands or body flake or peel..
- Fantastically cost-effective as it does not contain fillers. E.g. Clean Conscience Laundry Powder will do 133 washes in a front loader at $0.13 per wash. Tri Nature Odourless Disinfectant costs $0.012 per 100ml.
- Beautifully packaged. The Planet Luxe range in particular is beautifully packaged – leave them on the bench, not in the cupboard! The Full Circle range looks great on the window sill over the sink.
- Sustainable. The David Ball Design furniture is all made with sustainable plantation timber and finished with ecologically safe Osmo oil.
Full Circle brushes and cloths are sustainably manufactured. Brushes are made with organically grown bamboo, recycled plastic and for the bristles, a combination of natural (to retain water) and recycled plastic (to do the scrubbing and contribute to their longevity). Cloths are made with 70% organic bamboo and 30% organic cotton.